When are you trying to shape your stomach muscle, the first that you should know is the golden formula of success, which is:
– Diet + Ab Exercises + Cardio exercises = Dream Abs
You will be advised by every fitness trainer when you are challenging yourself with any workout, simultaneously consume the right diet, which will be the proper way of building your core with no problem. The exercise alone doesn’t matter how hard it is if you’re not watching what you consume daily will not give you the right results.
According to the formula mentioned above, to get the desired abs you can’t just perform ab exercises, but include cardio, too (such running, cycling, jumping rope, and other).
The questions that everybody raises before starting the workouts are connected with the number of exercises to be done (a thousand of core exercises or just a few effective) or about the time of performing cardio exercises (an hour or a few minutes). In most of the cases it all depends on the personal abilities, however, there are a couple rules that should be followed to get the expected results.
– The core muscles should be performed throughout the day. For example, when you are trying to get results as soon as you can, then, one day you work on lower and upper, and the next day work on your sides.
– Watch the diet before and after training. Before training focus on enough power to the body, and after training to build muscle with enough protein.
– Don’t stop working on your abs even on days they are achy or your muscles are sore. The abs are extremely durable, so, continue to exercise even you are feeling pain because then the exercise has the strongest effect. However, to avoid the injuries adjust or stop when the pain becomes too strong.
– Combine exercises, after finishing on your abs, perform series of lower back exercises, to avoid some spinal deformations.
– Modify and combine exercises (especially for the stomach, it is important to work the different training, to get longer effects)
- Spiderman Plank
– Starting position – a traditional plank position with your forearms on the ground and your body perfectly straight.
– Bring first your left knee forward towards your left elbow, then return to the plank position.
– Repeat by bringing your right knee toward your right elbow
– Starting position – Laying on your back with your hands behind the head.
– Keeping your abs tight, raise your left knee to touch the right elbow.
– Go back to the starting position, raise your right knee to touch with the left elbow.
Perform 15 reps alternately in a regular and smooth motion.
Note: In order to prevent you from pulling on your neck, during the exercise, your abs should remain engaged and your hands are relaxed.
- Knee hugs
This crunch is an effective exercise for developing the abs and developing the balance and coordination.
– Starting position – sitting position
– Execute a v sit up and hugging the knees at the top.
Perform 15 reps.
- Windshield wipers
– Starting position – Laying on your back with your arms straight out to the sides.
– Raise your legs to the ceiling
– Rotating the hips to one side, keep the legs tight and don’t touch the floor.
– Return to the starting position and rotate the hips to the opposite side.
Perform 15 reps on each side.
- Plank Butt ups
– Starting position – Laying with your stomach down.
– Bending your elbows to a 90 degrees angle and keeping your body flat, support it on your forearms and toes.
– Keep your abs tight, all the time trying to balance with your assembled feet
– Bring the stomach in and butt up, continue breathing. Your elbows should be under the shoulders during the exercise.
Perform as many reps as you can for one minute.
- Knee tucks
– Starting position – sitting on the ground, with fingertips by your sides for support.
– Leaning back, stretch the legs out and slightly elevated them in front of the body.
– Tuck knees towards the chest moving the chest forward to meet them.
– Bringing the legs back to starting position, separate legs and chest and create a “V.”
– Keep your legs and upper back of the ground
Perform 15 reps.
- Side v ups
– Starting position – Laying on your left side with your left arm laid out beside you and the right arm held beside your head.
– Crunching up towards your hip, raise both legs at the same time contracting your obliques at the top of the motion, trying to touch feet with your right arm
– Lowering both your legs and upper body back down to the floor complete one rep on one side
– Repeat on another side
Perform 15 reps on each side.