There’s nothing to love about the excess fat at the sides of your waistline. The muscles underneath that layer of fat are known as your obliques. Although their function is to rotate your torso, it’ll take more than torso rotations to get rid of the side fat. Reducing fat in one area of your body isn’t possible. Instead, focus on losing weight from your entire body, and as the fat reduces, so will the fat around your middle.’
Here we give you a set of exercises which will effectively reduce side fat and give a slim torso.
1. Around the World Obliques:
How To Do:
- Stand with your legs wider than shoulder-width apart, toes turned out just a little bit, tailbone tucked.
- With a very light weight in your hands extend arms up straight above your head as far as you can.
- “It should really feel like a stretch,” says Stokes. Then, bend from the hips and reach your body as far as you can to the right, hips and shoulders square forward.
- At the last second when you can’t reach any more, rotate toward the floor.
- Twist your body back to face front, exhale and pull back up to center.
2. Dumbbell Side Bends:
How To Do:
- Stand up straight while holding a dumbbell on the left hand as you have the right hand holding your waist.
- Your feet should be placed at shoulder width. This will be your starting position.
- While keeping your back straight and your head up, bend only at the waist to the right as far as possible.
- Breathe in as you bend to the side. Then hold for a second and come back up to the starting position as you exhale.
- Now repeat the movement but bending to the left instead. Hold for a second and come back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and then change hands.